This statement discloses the privacy practices of UNIGLOBE CBO Travel.
Because this web site wants to demonstrate its commitment to your privacy, it has created this policy to disclose its privacy practices, including disclosure of:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site.
2. The organizations collecting the information.
3. With whom the information may be shared.
4. How the information is used.
5. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information.
6. The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under the UNIGLOBE CBO Travel's control.
7. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
2. Information Collection and Use
We do not collect personal information about you while browsing the site. Only if you choose to give it to us will we have access to any of your personal information. UNIGLOBE CBO Travel is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not release, sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from that which is disclosed in this or their statement.
UNIGLOBE CBO Travel collects information from our users at different points on our website.
A cookie is a piece of data stored in the user's hard drive containing information about the user. Many web sites, including this one, use cookie technology to help our customers navigate more efficiently. From time to time, our site will request the cookie from your browser so that we can retrieve the stored information. Knowing how you use the site enables us to better tailor our content and services to most effectively suit your needs. For instance, by setting a cookie on our site, the user would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Once the user closes their browser, the cookie simply terminates. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still use our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site.
4. Booking and Purchase
a. Why do we collect, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect relevant personal information when you ask us to provide you with information or travel related services (such as air, ground and sea transportation, hotel and other accommodation, tours, meals, and services) that are sold or reserved through us (the “Travel Services”).
This site offers the capability to book travel insurance products through third party supplier. The use of, inclusion or exclusion of any supplier is at the sole discretion of UNIGLOBE Travel (Eastern Canada) or UNIGLOBE CBO Travel. Any information relating to purchases affected through any of these third-party suppliers will need to be obtained from the supplier directly. Any transactions processed through these suppliers are considered third party booking components subject to the liabilities and warranties of the provider and neither UNIGLOBE Travel (Eastern Canada), UNIGLOBE CBO Travel, nor its licensors or affiliates accept any liability in respect thereof.
We use and disclose the personal information to provide you with the requested information or Travel Services and for purposes ancillary and additional to that.
Your personal information may be used –
· to furnish you, now and in the future, with travel related information by way of personalised communication, regular newsletters or travel alerts;
· to identify you and your preferences;
· to research and suggest Travel Services to meet your communicated needs;
· to make airline, hotel, car, tour and other reservations on your behalf;
· to obtain travel insurance policies on your behalf;
· to obtain credit card or other financial approval for payment;
· to compile statistics and conduct market research;
· to compile reports for the suppliers of your Travel Services and for regulatory and industry agencies;
· to compile business travel reports for your employer related to destinations travelled, costs, classes of service, hotels used and duration of stay and car rental companies used and duration of rentals;
· to comply with the law;
· for purposes ancillary to the above.
Unless permitted by law, your personal information will not be used for a purpose other than the purposes mentioned above (“the Identified Purposes”) without obtaining additional consent from you.
b. How do we collect your personal information?
The following are the sources that we may use for gathering personal information. We will use only those required for the Identified Purposes. We may gather information –
· from you when you request information or Travel Services either orally or in writing;
· from your agent, family member, employer, employee or authorised representative when such person is seeking information or Travel Services on your behalf or otherwise representing you;
· from personal travel profiles you have completed;
· from our records relating to previous requests or reservations you have made;
· from the computerised reservation or other systems used to make your travel reservations now or in the past;
· from credit card issuers, credit bureaux or other consumer reporting agencies;
· from the airlines or other suppliers of Travel Services to you at any time
c. Who will we disclose your personal information to?
We act as the agent or intermediary for or in respect of the suppliers (‘the Suppliers”) of the Travel Services. Accordingly, personal information relevant to the sole purpose of providing your Travel Services will be disclosed to the Suppliers of such Travel Services. It may also be disclosed to:
· the third parties referred to above in connection with the Identified Purposes or referred to as sources of your personal information; or
· other parties or organisations who may acquire the whole or portion of our business and who are obliged to protect your personal information in terms of this Personal Information Policy or the Laws.
Responsibility for personal information provided to us remains under our control, including personal information that has been transferred to Suppliers.
d. Your consent
We will accept any of the following as your consent to our existing use and future collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for the Identified Purposes –
· the notification to you of this Privacy Protection Policy, unless you advise us that you do not agree with it and that you wish to opt out of all or specified portions of it;
· the provision of personal information to us either directly or through your agent or representative in connection with a request for information, Travel Services or otherwise;
· your written or oral consent as obtained through an application process, contest entry form, survey or similar form of interaction with us including any previous consent that you may have given us; or
· your other actions or inactions in relation to personal information as may be regarded as consent under the Laws.
In terms of the Laws there may be occasions when your consent is not required or is deemed to have been given. These occasions include, without limitation, police and other investigations, enquiries relating to dispute resolution or litigation or when the personal information is publicly available.
e. When you give us the personal information of other persons for travel services
When you share with us the personal information of your travel companions or other persons for whom you are requesting information or Travel Services:
· you consent on their behalf to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information in terms of this Personal Information Policy; and
· you warrant to us that you are authorised to give that consent on their behalf and indemnify and hold us harmless against any claim by such persons in which they allege that you were not so authorised.
f. Withdrawing your consent
You may withdraw your consent at any time upon reasonable notice to us. Withdrawal of your consent is however subject to legal or contractual restrictions. If the withdrawal of your consent would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation, your consent may not be withdrawn unless we have also agreed to it in writing. You should also note that withdrawing your consent may affect our ability to continue to provide you with Travel and other services. Should you wish to withdraw your consent, we will advise you at that time of the implications of such withdrawal.
To withdraw your consent, you should contact us at the contact address or telephone number listed below.
g. How do we protect your personal information?
Private financial and other sensitive personal information is stored by us in secure areas using physical measures such as filing cabinets that are secured after hours, alarm systems and, in the case of electronic data, in databases that are password protected. Third parties such as Suppliers to whom such information is transferred as contemplated in the above paragraph “Who will we disclose your personal information to?” are also required to protect your personal information in a manner consistent with the Laws.
h. Exclusion of our Liability in respect of Foreign Suppliers.
Your travel or other arrangements may require the disclosure of your personal information to airlines, hotels and other Suppliers or third parties who are not subject to the Laws for residential, jurisdictional or other reasons. Foreign Suppliers may not be required to protect personal information in the same way or to the same extent as required by the Laws. Our liability for the failure of any such Foreign Supplier to protect your personal information is specifically excluded. If you have any concern about the disclosure of personal information to a Foreign Supplier, you should advise us in writing well in advance of any travel reservation or other arrangement being made with or involving such Foreign Supplier on your behalf.
i. How long do we keep your personal information?
Your personal information is retained only so long as we need it to provide information, Travel Services and other services to you, and for a reasonable length of time thereafter in order to meet any Identified Purpose or other legal or business purpose.
j. Accessing your personal information
You have a right to access the personal information that we have in our custody or under our control. You also have the right to know the names of Suppliers or other third parties to whom personal information has been disclosed. Access may be subject to legal restrictions and we may be obliged or have the right to refuse your request if:
· the information is protected by solicitor-client or other litigation privilege or has been generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process;
· access would reveal confidential or proprietary commercial information;
· access might result in a lawful refusal by another party to provide similar information to us in the future;
· the information was collected for purposes relating to an investigation, contractual dispute or legal proceedings (actual or contemplated);
· disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another person or the individual requesting the information;
· disclosure would reveal personal information about another person;
· the information would reveal the identity of a person who has provided an opinion about another person and the former person has not consented to the disclosure of his or her identity;
· the requested information is too costly to produce; or
· disclosure is otherwise protected or prevented by law.
k. Applying for access
Requests for access to personal information should be made in writing at the address set out below. The request should contain sufficient information to enable us to identify you and should specify the information that is being sought. We will try to respond to your request as soon as possible but may require you to provide additional information as to your identity, right to receive the requested information or greater individuality as to the information sought. We may also charge you a reasonable fee for providing access to your personal information in which event we will advise you of the approximate cost and may request a deposit to cover such cost before proceeding.
l. Accuracy and limitations on our responsibility
From time to time we may update the personal information that we have on file for you. We rely on you however to advise us of any relevant changes to or errors in your personal information and shall have no responsibility for any personal information that is inaccurate. In addition, although we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we are not responsible for any improper use of your personal information that is beyond our reasonable control.
5. Contests and Surveys
We may run contests and surveys on our site from time to time in which we ask visitors for contact information (like their email address, telephone number) and demographic information (address, postal code) and may request further travel purchase intentions and past travel history. Participation in these contests and surveys is completely voluntary. We use this contract information to send individuals information of possible interest to them, including promotional offers from our partners. We will also use contact information to notify winners of contests and award prizes, as well as to monitor and improve the use and satisfaction of this site. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option not to receive these types of communications. Please see our choice/opt-out section below.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that this privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site and UNIGLOBE UNIGLOBE CBO Travel is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware of this when they leave our site to visit another and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site they visit which collects personally identifiable information.
Our advertising partners develop the advertisements which appear on this Web site. In the course of making these ads available to you, our partners may collect certain non-personally identifiable information about you. This information is used to contact you to deliver information that may be of interest to you.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about the visitor. This site gives users the following options for removing their information from our database.
You can send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can send mail to the following postal address (please specify your e-mail address in your correspondence to us):
UNIGLOBE CBO Travel
410-75 Albert Street
You can call the following telephone number: 613.789.7800
This site provides users the following options for changing and modifying information preciously provided.
You can email to: email@example.com
You can send mail to the following postal address: (please specify your e-mail address in your correspondence to us):
UNIGLOBE CBO Travel
410-75 Albert Street
You can call the following telephone number: 613.789.7800
10. Please tell us if you have a complaint
If for some reason the individual is not satisfied with their complaint resolution by the Privacy Compliance Officer, the legislation allows the dispute to be heard by a Privacy Commissioner. If still not satisfied, the dispute may be heard in court using "summary" proceedings. These courts are empowered to make a summary award of damages against anyone who breaches the legislation.
11. Contacting us
For more information about our Privacy Protection Policy, to file a complaint, to make an enquiry or to opt out of all or parts of the Privacy Protection Policy, please contact us at:
UNIGLOBE CBO Travel
410-75 Albert Street
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Protection Policy at any time. The updated Privacy Protection Policy will be posted on our website and amendments will take effect from the date of such posting.